After intensive outpatient, the next step in you or your loved one’s recovery journey takes the form of outpatient addiction treatment center. It’s part of our continuum of care and the logical conclusion to effective treatment.
Here’s where things get a bit tricky – see, outpatient addiction treatment isn’t just a level of care. Rather, it’s a way to safely and successfully transition from treatment to life. It’s a way to move from the accepting “bubble” of rehab to the often-stressful and hectic world.
That’s also what makes outpatient programs so vital and necessary to recovery.
More than just another step, the outpatient treatment West Palm Beach offers is a safety net that, when paired with sober supports and 12-step involvement, gives you or your loved one the tools to stay sober for the long haul.
We take that idea seriously here at the Good Life. Read on to learn more about our outpatient program!
Our Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center
While the focus during day/night and IOP is geared more toward individualized recovery solutions, things are a bit different in OP. Here, the focus is more relaxed and on establishing successful coping mechanisms.
It’s helpful to think of the difference between high school and college. While high school is more intensely focused – the day-in-day-out grind – college is concerned with finding your specific learning style and using that to teach meaningful lessons.
That’s how we operate outpatient addiction treatment here at the Good Life. We focus on group therapy, individual therapy, workshops, and informative talks that spur inner-reflection and spark positive action.
What do I learn vs. how do I put it into action is another way to look at it.
Alright, enough waxing philosophical. What does out OP program look like? Read on to learn –
- An individualized, uniquely tailored treatment plan and, in many cases, the same primary therapist from IOP
- Therapeutic groups which meet once each week and focusing on a variety of topics (explored in-depth below)
- Informal workshops focusing on recovery topics
- Individual therapy once each week
- Psychiatric care
- A strong focus on family care and involvement
- Flexible group scheduling during the day and evening
- Case management, including housing, work, education, legal, and medical help
While this is similar to IOP, the focus is geared less towards understanding why and more towards developing and implementing healthy living skills.
Topics Commonly Covered in Outpatient Treatment
It’s common for clients to struggle with group therapy. This is especially true in the OP phase when they’re tired of a structured group environment.
This happens despite the fact that peer groups have been shown time and time again to be among the most influential and helpful tools therapists have at their disposal.
All of which is a long way of saying that, as mentioned above, we foster a relaxed workshop environment in outpatient drug rehab. When paired with one-on-one therapy, the result is nothing short of astounding.
Topics commonly covered in our OP workshops include:
- Relapse Prevention & Dealing with Cravings
- Co-Occurring Disorders (including Polydrug Abuse & Cross Addictions)
- Mental Health
- Family Systems
- Early-Recovery Struggles
- Returning to Work or School
- Stress Management
- Rebuilding Family Relationships
- 12-Step Outreach & Success
- Building Healthy Habits
This list could be increased by about 1,000 more topics, but these covers the basics.
Through this dual clinical and personal approach, we’re able to offer practical and meaningful tools to you or your loved one. We’re able to guide you through the often-overwhelming world of early-recovery and provide all the support needed to flourish.
Additional Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center Services
You know what we hear over and over again? Statements like these:
- I can’t imagine life without alcohol
- If you can’t smoke a joint every now and then what’s the point?
- I’m not old enough to completely give up drugs and alcohol
- I can stop any time I want to
Behind them stands a world of fear. A life without mind or mood altering substances isn’t for the timid. It isn’t for those who aren’t ready and it shouldn’t be blindly pursed.
You or your loved one need a foundation for living.
That’s what we do here at the Good Life. We help you or your loved one to build that foundation, brick by loving brick.
That’s where our additional outpatient addiction services enter the picture. Much like our additional IOP services, these are companions to treatment that help enhance and deepen our clients’ recovery.
We’re proud to offer many of the same support services during OP that we offer during IOP. This is just one more way we go above and beyond to make sure you or your loved one are taken care of.
Additional OP services include:
- Crisis Intervention & Rehab Therapy
- Gender-Specific Care
- Wellness and Adventure Therapy Activities including Boating, Fishing, Kayaking & More
- Guest Lectures
- Guidance Through the 12 Step Recovery process
- Sunset 12-Step Gatherings
- Community Living & Peer Support
- Life Skill Improvement
- Client-by-Client Progress Assessments & Analysis
- Involvement in the South Florida Recovery Community (widely known as the recovery capital of the world)
- Aftercare Planning
- Continued Alumni Support
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
If you have any questions, or if there’s a service you didn’t see covered above, don’t hesitate to call us today at 844.921.3846 to learn more.