Intensive outpatient addiction treatment, or IOP, is an incredibly dynamic and effective type of treatment thanks to a few factors. First and foremost, it introduces the idea of our continuum of care.
This is the idea that successful rehab – the type of treatment that sets clients up for permanent recovery – requires more than just a few weeks in our day/night program.
While that’s great for stabilization and addressing primary therapeutic challenges, intensive outpatient addiction treatment’s where the rubber meets the road. It’s where our clients put into action the skills they learned in higher levels of care.
Second, IOP’s great because it can also be used as primary treatment. It’s flexible and perfect if you or your loved one need help but can’t leave work, school, or family commitments for an extended period of time.
This is due, in large part, to the individualized approach IOP drug rehab offers. While there are groups, one-on-one therapy, activities, and workshops our clients need to attend, the scheduling’s flexible and a fit for almost everyone.
Read on to learn more about intensive outpatient at the Good Life!
Our IOP Program
Our intensive outpatient level of care’s one-of-a-kind experience. We’re not saying that just to boast – we believe in the power of the unique and inclusive program we’ve put together.
We’ve paired the very best clinical care with an array of wellness activities and a supportive community living environment to offer the next generation of addiction treatment.
To put it another way, we’ve redefined the term holistic treatment. It doesn’t just refer to healthy living and new age sayings anymore. No, now holistic treatment means a complex, comprehensive, and multifaceted approach to healing from chemical dependency.
We couldn’t be prouder of our IOP addiction treatment center. Find a breakdown of what it looks like below.
IOP at the Good Life includes:
- A specialized and individually tailored treatment plan and primary therapist
- Therapeutic groups meeting 3 times each week and focusing on a variety of topics (explored in-depth below)
- Individual therapy a minimum of once each week
- Psychiatric care
- A strong focus on family care and involvement
- Workshops on a variety of topics, including spirituality, health, tools for sober living, and many others
- Flexible rehab therapy group scheduling during the day and evening
- Extensive case management, including housing, work, education, legal, and medical help
Topics Commonly Covered in IOP
Mental health is a topic commonly covered during our intensive outpatient program.
As people in long-term recovery ourselves, we recognize and prioritize the need for individualized solutions. That means that while we focus on some common, core areas, we don’t limit our program to these areas only.
If you or your loved one need something different or want to focus on a particular area, say no more.
Topics that we commonly address include:
- Relapse Prevention
- Co-Occurring Disorders (including Polydrug Abuse & Cross Addictions)
- Mental Health
- Family Systems
- Managing Work or School Stress (if you join our IOP program while working or enrolled in school)
- Changing People, Places & Things
- Living in a Sober Community
- Spiritual Development of All Forms
- Finding & Maintaining Your Passions
- Healthy Habits
- Substance-Specific Issues (i.e. anhedonia due to meth addiction)
- It’s important to remember that the topics above are only a starting point. Rather than offering only what you see here, we use these areas as jumping-off tools.
Additional IOP Services
Everything we’ve touched on so far – from individual and group therapy to workshops – is vital and necessary to a successful recovery. They’re the cornerstones of building a happy, productive, and new life.
We take things one step further at the Good Life though. We’re proud to offer a number of additional services that compliment you or your loved one’s sobriety. These are also offered at the day/night level of care.
Additional IOP services at the Good Life include:
- Crisis Intervention
- Gender-Specific Care
- Wellness Activities including Boating, Fishing, Kayaking & More
- Guest Lectures
- Guidance Through the 12-Step Philosophy by People in Long-Term Recovery
- Sunset 12 Step Recovery Gatherings
- Sober Community Living & Peer Support
- Life Skill Improvement
- Client-by-Client Progress Assessments & Analysis
- Involvement in the South Florida Recovery Community (widely known as the recovery capital of the world)
- Aftercare Planning
- Continued Alumni Support
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
We offer the most comprehensive and inclusive intensive outpatient addiction treatment program in South Florida. What more needs to be said?
If you’re ready to start living the good life, give us a call now at 866.271.7341!